India States | India Religions | India Cricket | India Soccer | India Hockey | India Archery | India Tennis | Indian Monuments
Indian Festivals | India History Timeline | Indian Heroes | Indian Wild Life | Live TV Streaming | Bollywood Film Stars
Tamil Film Stars | Malayalam Film Stars | Who is who Kerala
Kumar Mangalam BirlaDr. Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (b. 23 March 1953 in Bangalore) is an Indian entrepreneur. She is the Chairman & Managing Director of Biocon Ltd. In 2004, she became India’s richest woman.
Kumar Mangalam Birla (June 14, 1967), is among the richest persons in India and the eighth youngest billionaire outside India according to the Fortune magazine. Mr. Kumar Mangalam Birla is the Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group, which is among India's largest business houses. Among its major companies in India are Grasim, Hindalco, UltraTech Cement, Aditya Birla Nuvo and Idea Cellular. Its Joint Ventures include Birla Sun Life (Financial Services) and Birla NGK (Insulators). While Mr. Birla is the Chairman of all of the Group's blue-chip companies in India, he serves as a Director on the Board of the Group's International Companies spanning Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Egypt. The Group's operations extend to Canada, China, Laos, USA, U.K. and Australia as well. As of 6th October 2007, his net worth was estimated at $12.5 billion, making him the 7th richest Indian.
Positions HeldMr. Birla has held and continues to hold several key and responsible positions on various regulatory and professional Boards, such as:
* Director of the Central Board of Directors of the Reserve Bank of India from 27 June 2006
* Chairman of the Advisory Committee constituted by the Ministry of Company Affairs for 2006 and 2007
* Member of The Prime Minister of India's Advisory Council on Trade and Industry
* Chairman of the Board of Trade reconstituted by the Union Minister of Commerce and Industry
* Chairman of the National Safety Council
* Member of The Government of Uttar Pradesh's High Powered Investment Task Force
* Member of The National Council of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
* Member of the Apex Advisory Council of The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
* On The Advisory Council for the Centre for Corporate Governance
* Member of the Organising Committee for Commonwealth Games, Delhi 2010
© Deepthi.com, 2003-2005. All Rights Reserved.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for comments and suggestions.