India States | India Religions | India Cricket | India Soccer | India Hockey | India Archery | India Tennis | Indian Monuments
Indian Festivals | India History Timeline | Indian Heroes | Indian Wild Life | Live TV Streaming | Bollywood Film Stars
Tamil Film Stars | Malayalam Film Stars | Who is who Kerala
UttanasanaUttanasana (forward bend) is a hatha yoga posture, one of the most 'popular', utilized in most hatha yoga classes.
The posture consists of standing with feet together, then hinging forward from the hips, letting the head hang, with palms placed flat on the floor near the feet.
Practitioners suggest that this posture provides these benefits:
* Provides a complete stretch to the entire back side of the body.
* Rejuvenates the spinal nerves.
* Removes depression, makes the mind peaceful and calm.
* Tones the kidneys, liver, and spleen.
* Increases flexibility of the spine, hips, sciatic nerves, tendons, and ligaments of the legs.
* Improves blood circulation in the legs.
* Calms and rejuvenates the nervous system as it soothes the brain cells.
* Releases anxiety.
* Provides nourishment to the facial skin, scalp, and hair roots.
* Improves eyesight and hearing.
* Stretches the hamstrings.
Because of its great popularity, this posture has a very large number of variations and associated techniques.
© Deepthi.com, 2003-2005. All Rights Reserved.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for comments and suggestions.